This open-end belt sander can tackle wide or irregular pieces. With its cast iron table and steel frame, the OBS-1548 is built to last. Unlike most competing models, it offers 3 speeds.
- Open-end design with 15” width can get 30” of working material through.
- Perfect for sanding cabinet doors, butcher blocks, office tables, and furniture.
- 5 hp motor runs on 220-volt single-phase power.
- 3 feed speeds (16.4, 23, 32.8 fpm) let you adjust to fit your type of material. Most competitors only offer 2 speeds.
- Multiple speeds make it easy to sand away glued layers of wood. Use the high speed to knock off the glue, then switch to a slower speed.
- Extension table can support wider pieces of material.
- Disc brake for emergency stops makes your shop safer.
- Conveniently accessible side panel doors allow for quick belt changes.
- Pneumatic belt tensioning and tracking help you get the tension just right for a smooth finish.
- Heavy steel frame can withstand the weight of large, heavy materials.
- Covered by a 1-year parts warranty.
- We keep replacement parts in stock at our Wisconsin headquarters, so we can ship them out to you quickly.
- Our team of experienced woodworkers is here to provide lifetime technical support by phone.
Recommended for: Companies that use their belt sander machine for multiple hours a day.
Item Number OBS-1548
Shipping Weight 985lbs
Speeds 2300 fpm
Belt/Blade Size 16" x 48"
Max Stock Width 15"
Maximum Stock Height 5-3/4"
Minimum Stock Thickness 1/8"
Minimum Stock Length 12-1/4"
Feed Speed 16.4, 23, 32.8 fpm
Power 220V Single Phase
Horse Power 5
Weight (lbs) 930
Shipping Dimensions (Inches) 45x32x74
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.