This economical gear-head metal lathe is a perfect choice for schools, hobbyists, and maintenance shops. The PL-1236E includes a quick-change tool post and 2 chucks.
- 70 to 1,400 rpm variable speed.
- Integrated gear system allows for taping, turning, and polishing.
- All ways are ground and hardened to ensure long life.
- Runs on 220-volt single-phase power.
- Capable of standard and metric threading.
- Quick-change tool post helps you save time.
- 3-jaw and 4-jaw chucks can hold both square and rounded materials.
- Steady rest and follow rest brace the shaft and prevent wobbling to ensure high accuracy.
- Facing plate lets you shape materials that are large but not long. Bolt your metal to the plate to keep it square and symmetrical.
- Coolant system consists of a reservoir and pump in the base plus a hose you can point as needed.
- Foot brake helps keep your shop safe.
- Halogen work light comes standard.
- Covered by a 1-year parts warranty.
- Replacement parts are in stock at our Wisconsin warehouse for fast shipping.
- You can count on lifetime technical support by phone from our team of reps with first-hand metalworking experience.
Item Number PL-1236E-1.0
Sleeve Travel 4"
Spindle Bore 1.50"
Spindle Bore Taper Morse #5
Sleeve Taper Morse #3
Sleeve Diameter 1.250"
Range Of Inch Threads 4 - 56 T.P.I.
Metric Thread Range 0.4 – 7 mm
Spindle Nose D1-4"
Travel Of Cross Slide 5.312"
Travel Of Top Slide 3.250"
Width Of Bed 7.125"
Spindle Speed 9 (70 – 1400 rpm)
Swing In Gap 17"
Swing Over Bed 12"
Swing Over Cross Slide 7.625"
Longitudinal Feed Range 0.002" – 0.0548"/rev
Lead Screw Thread Pitch 8 T.P.I.
Length Of Gap 6"
Max. Tool Selection .625" x .625"
Cross Feed Range 0.007" – 0.0187"/rev
Distance Between Centers 36"
Power 220V / 1-phase
Shipping Weight 1395lbs
Shipping Dimensions (Inches) 69x44x64
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.