Built for years of heavy cutting, this numerically controlled shear makes industrial production runs more efficient. Blade gap and rake angle adjustment ensure high cut quality.
- These hydraulic sheet metal shears cut up to 52”-wide sheet metal.
- Maximum capacity of ¼” mild steel.
- 15 hp motor runs on 220-volt 3-phase power.
- Upper blade carriage that rides in a 3-axis bearing housing.
- Heavy-duty precision ground and hardened rail system gives you unbeatable accuracy and long blade life.
- Front and rear supports and side guides help you keep material square to the blade.
- Roller infeed table makes it easy to maneuver heavy plate steel for the next cut.
- 8 hydraulic hold-downs provide 3.2 tons of pressure each, preventing sheet metal from lifting.
- Programmable quick-change backgauge rides on a screwball rail system with a positioning encoder.
- Switch between 3 modes as needed:
- Jog mode: Inching the blade down to the material.
- Single cycle mode: One cut for one pedal push.
- Automatic cycling mode: Continuously cutting for production runs.
- Piece counter makes it simpler to do production runs.
- Remote operator control pendant houses an E-Stop button and foot pedal controls.
- Simple handle lets you adjust the blade gap in seconds to avoid crimping or folding, particularly with thinner material.
- Adjustable rake angle can change for your material thickness, giving you cleaner cuts and reducing strain on the hydraulics.
- It’s simple to set the rake angle: just hit a button, move the lever, and a light goes on when you reach the correct angle.
- High carbon chromium blades that have several edges (2 on top, 4 on bottom), so you can flip them several times before you need to resharpening.
- Shadow light stretches the entire length of the web width for proper placement of the beginning of the cut, for those one-off shearing requirements.
- Fully welded plate steel framework maintains stability, reduces flex, and minimizes burr.
- Covered by a 1-year parts warranty.
- We stock blades and replacement parts at our Wisconsin warehouse; we can ship them out quickly.
- Our team of Baileigh reps, all with hands-on metalworking experience, are here to provide lifetime technical support by phone.
Also available in a non-programmable version, the SH-5203-HD.
You can add an optional sheet support system to this model. Please call us for details.
Item Number SH-5203-HD-NC
Motor Hp 15
Blade Rake Angle .5 to 2.0 degrees
Back Gauge Length 23.62"
Shear Length 52"
Strokes Per Minute 30 - 42
Front Gauge Length 39.37"
Blade Angle 2-Jan
Blade Gap Adjustment Manual, Lever Acuated
Power 220V / 3-phase
Shipping Weight 5820lbs
Minimum Material Thickness 24ga
Shipping Dimensions (Inches) 90x73x68
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.