Ready to handle your metal drilling needs.
With a swing of 23-3/8", spindle travel of 5", and a two-horsepower motor, the G0779 23-3/8" Heavy-Duty Floor Model Gearhead Drill can handle whatever comes its way.
Geared drill presses are designed for drilling larger holes than belt driven machines thanks to the spindle bearings and tighter tolerances.
Another advantage is using convenient quick-change gearbox controls for managing spindle speed. Just twist a lever or two to choose between six spindle speeds from 90–1970 RPM.
The geared head is equipped with a forward/reverse switch and an R-8 spindle taper. The head tilts 90° left and right and has a vertical travel of 10-1/2". This machine has both a coarse downfeed lever and a fine downfeed handwheel for added accuracy.
The 19-5/8" x 18" table tilts 60° left and right with a vertical travel of 24-3/8". Both head and table are mounted on independent rack-and-pinions for ultimate positioning versatility. Four 1/2" T-slots are located on the table and two additional are on the base for added usability. The table swivels 360° around its center and both table and head swivel 360° around the column.
Like all Grizzly drill presses, the G0779 comes with a 1-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects.
The G0779 manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy-to-read manual makes it easier to assemble and maintain your drill press.
The Grizzly Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the drill press may be available online and shipped from the Grizzly parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
Made in an ISO 9001 factory
- Motor: 2 HP, 220V, single-phase, 8.6A
- Swing: 23-3/8"
- Spindle taper: R-8
- Spindle travel: 5"
- Spindle speeds: (6), 90–1970 RPM
- Drill chuck: 1–13mm, B16
- Drilling capacity: 1-1/4" mild steel
- Head tilt: 90° left/right
- Head swivel: 360°
- Max. distance spindle to column: 11-11/16"
- Max. distance spindle to table: 26-1/2"
- Max. distance spindle to base: 44-3/16"
- Table dimensions: 18" x 19-5/8"
- Quill diameter: 2-15/16"
- Drawbar threads: 7-16"-20
- Drawbar length: 17-3/4"
- Table tilt: 60° left/right
- Table swivel around center and column: 360°
- Vertical table travel: 24-3/8"
- T-slots size: 1/2" (4 on table, 2 on base)
- Footprint: 18" x 26"
- Overall dimensions: 25" W x 33" D x 80" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 786 lbs.
- R-8 spindle
- 1/64"–1/2" drill chuck
- 360° table positioning around column
- Base has precision-ground work surface with two 1/2" T-slots
- Crank handle operated rack-and-pinion vertical table and head movement
- Head tilts 90° right and left
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.