Harvest Right Premier Vacuum Pump (Upgrade)
Elevate your freeze-drying experience to the next level with the Harvest Right Premier Vacuum Pump (Upgrade) - HR-Indus-115v 60 Hz. This industrial-grade upgrade boasts superior performance, unmatched efficiency, and user-friendly features, making it the ideal choice for both home and light commercial use.
Unleash the Powerhouse
- Deeper Vacuum, Faster Drying: Achieve significantly lower ultimate pressure compared to standard pumps, ensuring up to 20% faster drying times for all your food, herbs, and materials. Lock in peak nutrients and flavor like never before.
- Unwavering Efficiency: Enjoy reduced energy consumption thanks to the pump's advanced design, saving you money on operating costs while contributing to a greener future.
- Built to Last: Crafted with premium materials and robust engineering, this pump is built to withstand the demands of frequent use, offering reliable performance year after year.
- Peacefully Quiet: Experience a dramatic reduction in noise compared to standard pumps. Enjoy a peaceful freeze-drying environment, perfect for both home and professional settings.
- Minimal Maintenance: The innovative gas ballast feature drastically reduces oil changes and filter replacements, saving you time and effort while minimizing waste.
- Cleaner Operation: Breathe easier with the included oil mist filter, ensuring a cleaner environment and reducing harmful oil vapors.
Beyond Standard Performance
- Extended Oil Life: The gas ballast feature significantly reduces oil contamination, extending the lifespan of your oil and saving you money on replacements.
- Enhanced Durability: Built with robust components and superior engineering, this pump offers exceptional durability compared to standard models, ensuring long-lasting reliability.
- Seamless Integration: This upgrade seamlessly integrates with any Harvest Right Home Freeze Dryer, making it an easy and powerful addition to your existing setup.
Premier Oil Pump vs Standard Oil Pump
This new Premier Pump rarely needs to have the oil changed or filtered. The pump has a gas ballast feature that makes it so water does not stay in the oil. Because of this, the oil in the pump will be pristine and clear, even after 30 or more batches. You simply won’t need to change the oil until you have run 20 or more batches. Whereas, the oil in the Standard Vacuum Pump needs to be changed and filtered every 4 or 5 batches (when using the new 3/8 inch vacuum hose). You should only replace the oil in the unit with Robinair Premium High Vacuum Pump Oil or with JB Industries Black Gold Vacuum Pump Oil. Both of these oil types may be purchased from Amazon and other locations. Do not use Dairyland vacuum pump oil or Harvest Right vacuum pump oil. Both of these products are great for Harvest Right's standard vacuum pumps. However, these oils will not work in the Premium (Industrial) Vacuum Pump because they have detergents in them.
Under cold and hot conditions the Premier Pump will pull a deeper vacuum than the Standard Pump. Under cold conditions the difference is .05 Pascal for the Premier Pump and .08 Pascal for the Standard Pump. Whereas, under warm conditions the difference is much greater: .05 Pascal for the Premier Pump and 2.05 Pascal for the Standard Pump.
Hence, the Premier Pump is especially not affected by warm, ambient conditions. When temperatures rise, it will pull a vacuum far better than the Standard Pump. The Premier Pump is just not affected by outside heat. It pulls the same deep vacuum even when it is in a warm environment.
The Premier Pump is substantially quieter than the Standard Pump, 52 decibels versus 64 decibels. The Industrial Pump at 52 decibels is about the same as a refrigerator.
Oil Mist Filter
Both pumps come with an oil mist filter. However, the Premier Pump’s oil mist filter allows for no oil spray at all and it will last much longer.
The Premier Pump uses less power than the Standard Pump (187 watts versus 218 watts).
Under hot conditions at ultimate vacuum pressure the Standard Pump pulls 2.1 amps while the Premier Pump only pulls 1.7 amps. Hence, the Premier Pump is more efficient.
The Premier Pump is easier to move around as it weighs 5 pounds less than the Standard Pump (32 lbs. versus 37 lbs.)
The Premier Pump is more durable and will last longer than the Standard Pump.
Oil: Robinair Premium High Vacuum Pump Oil or JB Industries Black Gold Vacuum Pump Oil Only
Motor: ¾ HP
Voltage: Standard, 115v, 60Hz
Intake Port: 1 1/16 JIC flare
Dimensions: 16.3″ x 6″ x 12.1″
Noise: 52 decibels
Which Freeze Dryer is right for me?
Small Freeze Dryer:
- Capacity of each batch is a 6 to 10 lbs. of fresh food
- In a year, one can freeze dry up to 1,800 lbs. or more of food
Medium Freeze Dryer:
- Capacity of each batch is 10 to 15 lbs. of fresh food
- In a year, one can easily freeze dry up to 3,000 lbs. of food
Large Freeze Dryer:
- Capacity of each batch is 18 to 27 lbs. of fresh food
- In a year, one can easily freeze dry up to 5,000 lbs. of food
X-Large Freeze Dryer:
- Capacity of each batch is around 40 to 50 lbs. of fresh food
- In a year, one can easily freeze dry up to 10,000 lbs. of food
How does the freeze dryer work?
The entire process is automatic.
1. Raw or cooked foods are placed in the freeze dryer where they are frozen to between -30 degrees and -50 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Once frozen, the freeze dryer creates a vacuum in the food chamber.
3. As the food is gradually warmed, the water turns to vapor and evaporates out of the food (sublimation).
4. When dry, the freeze dryer notifies the user that the process is complete by sounding an audible beep.
5. You can then remove the freeze dried food from the dryer and place it in vacuum-sealed containers that are moisture and oxygen proof (preferably a mylar pouch or a can) to ensure freshness until opened.
6. When water is added to the food, it regains its original fresh flavor, aroma, texture, and appearance!
What size are the freeze dryers and how much do they weigh?
Small 16.5" W x 18.5" D x 25" H Color: 91 lbs. Stainless: 98 lbs.
Medium 18" W x 21.25" D x 28.5" H Color: 119 lbs. Stainless: 127 lbs.
Large 20.25 " W x 23.75" D x 30.75" H Color: 143 lbs. Stainless: 150 lbs.
X-Large 23.25 " W x 33.7" D x 35.6" H Color: N/A, Stainless: 258
What type of food can be freeze dried?
You truly can freeze-dry almost anything. All kinds of fruits, vegetables and meats taste wonderful when freeze dried. That includes things like tomatoes, apples, bananas, strawberries, peaches, green beans, peppers, onions, potatoes, spinach, shrimp, pork, beef, turkey and even ice cream.
Your favorite meals that include meat may be easily freeze dried. Foods like lasagna, rice dishes, cheese macaroni, chili, beef stew, chicken a la king, casseroles, shrimp, lobster, pulled pork, pasta sauces or scrambled eggs are perfect for this process.
You will find that it is a delight to experiment with different foods and meals in your freeze dryer. A great way to start is by picking meals that are already favorites in your home.
How much food can be freeze dried with each batch?
6-10 lbs. of fresh food will fit in our small freeze dryer. It is not uncommon for customers to freeze dry up to 1,800 lbs. of fresh food in just 1 year. Tray space= 434 sq. inches
10-15 pounds of fresh food will fit in our medium size freeze dryer. It is not uncommon for customers to freeze dry up to 3,000 lbs. of fresh food in just 1 year. Tray space= 675 sq. inches
18-27 pounds of fresh food will fit in our large freeze dryer. It is not uncommon for customers to freeze dry up to 5,000 lbs. of fresh food in just 1 year. Tray space= 1,107 sq. inches
40-50 pounds of fresh food will fit in our X-Large freeze dryer. It is not uncommon for customers to freeze dry up to up to 10,000 pounds of fresh food in just 1 year. Tray space= 2,251 sq. inches
How long does it take to freeze dry each batch?
It typically takes between 20 to 40 hours to complete the process. Food type and quantity will affect the freeze-dry cycle. Things like meat, peas and corn dry quickly, while squash and watermelon can take longer. The thickness of the food slices will affect the cycle time too.
Most importantly, your machine senses when the food is ready (alerting you with a beep) so you don’t have to guess when to stop the freeze-dry cycle.
Is it ok to freeze things prior to placing in the freeze dryer?
Yes! It is a great idea to put frozen products into your freeze dryer. Your machine will accept pre-frozen foods and cool them even further, to around -40 degrees F.
What components make up a freeze dryer?
The freeze dryer unit itself as well as a high-quality vacuum pump that sits outside the freeze dryer.
What maintenance is required for a freeze dryer?
The freeze dryer itself requires little to no maintenance. However, as shown below, all freeze dryers come with a high quality vacuum pump, which requires some maintenance, mainly adding and draining oil.
The vacuum pump comes equipped with an initial supply of oil. There are 3 cups of oil in a vacuum pump that need to be changed regularly to keep a freeze dryer running efficiently. This is a simple process, and requires little effort.
Each freeze dryer also includes a stand-alone oil filter. The filter cleans the oil and allows you to keep reusing your oil as if it were new. Using filtered oil in each batch is a great way to save money and be more eco-friendly, while also helping your vacuum pump perform as efficiently as possible
What type of power do the freeze dryers use? How much will it cost to run?
Harvest Right has taken every precaution to make this appliance run as affordably as possible.
Small and Medium
Our small and medium freeze dryers use a standard 110 volt outlet.
At peak, the freeze dryer draws about 15 amps, but on the average about 9 to 11 amps (990-1210 watts) of power per hour. A dedicated 20 amp circuit is recommended. Your freeze dryer will cost an estimated $1.25-$2.80 a day, depending on power costs in your area.
Our large freeze dryer requires a 110 volt (NEMA 5-20) outlet
At peak, the large freeze dryer draws about 15 amps, but on the average about 10 amps (1500 watts) of power per hour. A dedicated 20 amp circuit is required. Your freeze dryer will cost an estimated $2.00-$3.00 a day, depending on power costs in your area.
Our x-large freeze dryer requires a 110 volt (NEMA 5-20) outlet
At peak, the x-large freeze dryer draws about 17 amps, but on the average about 13 amps (1600 watts) of power per hour. A dedicated 20 amp circuit is required. Your freeze dryer will cost an estimated $4.00 a day, depending on power costs in your area.
What type of warranty and tech support is offered?
3-Year Limited Warranty
All sales of Harvest Right Freeze Dryers after February 1, 2019, are covered by this warranty.
How does the scientific freeze dryer work?
Harvest Right scientific freeze dryers are remarkable, and a perfect addition to any laboratory. Our scientific freeze dryer can be completely customized with your preferred processes. You can have multiple manageable profiles, each providing the ability to automatically power on and off the condensing unit and the vacuum pump in conjunction with ascending, controlled temperature and time settings.
About Harvest Right
Every Harvest Right Freeze Dryer has been designed, engineered, and tested in our manufacturing facility in Salt Lake City, Utah. We spent four years extensively creating this product to roll out to the world. We are committed to making great appliances. So, when you choose to purchase a Harvest Right Freeze Dryer, you’re not only getting an innovative appliance that is built to last, you’re also investing in a product that you can trust to preserve the foods you and your family love for years to come.
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.