Laguna Tools Classic Jointer - JX|8 ShearTec: II
All-new for 2021, the Laguna JX|8 ShearTec II is loaded with highly desirable features to make jointing safer and more enjoyable. The JX|8 is available in 2 versions. This version is the 220 volt 3 HP version.
The ShearTec: II features 4-sided solid carbide inserts with a T-shoulder rather than a cone-shaped design, which helps prevent cracking of the inserts.
The ShearTec II cuttherhead comes as standard equipment on JX|8 ShearTec II Jointer. The ShearTec II is a 6-row carbide insert cutterhead that produces a superior surface finish on all woods including challenging hardwoods. The ShearTec II knives and fasteners have a T-step design to maximize clamping force on the knives preventing knife cracking and chatter. The 4-sided carbide insert knives produce a shear cut for flawless results. The ShearTec II cutterhead has deep grooves that make the cutterhead very quiet and improve shaving ejection. The 4-sided knives can be rotated for a new cutting edge without need for a knife setting jig.
- Parallelogram Table Adjustments – Table depth adjustments travel along an arc to keep the same distance to the cutterhead through its travel
- Emergency “Knee-Stop” – The new knee stop uses a body-length bar at knee height to shut off the JX jointer. This important safety feature allows the machine operator to stop the machine quickly at any position along the front of the machine while keeping hands on the
- New Ergonomic Machine Body – The new JX Series machine body has been redesigned with a “toe-kick” to allow the user to position themself closer to the machine tables and to move safer and easier along the length of the
- In-feed Support Roller – Infeed tables are now fitted with pull-out support roller to help support longer
- ShearTec II Cutterhead – The ShearTec II cuttherhead comes as standard equipment on JX|8 ShearTec II Jointer.
- Built-In Wheels – No need to purchase a separate mobility
- Cast-Iron Tables and Fence
Motor: 220V 3HP 1 Phase 60hz/12 Amp
Bed Size: 8″ x 72″
Infeed Table Pull-Out Extension: 8″
Rabbetting Capacity: ½″
Fence Size: 38″ x 4-¾″ Cast Iron
Fence Tilt: ±45/90°
Max. Depth Of Cut: ⅛″
Table Height From Floor: 31″
Safety Bar Shut-Off: Yes
Bracket To Mount Light: No
110V Outlet For Light: No
Bracket To Mount Feeder: No
Dust Port Diameter: 4″
Plug (NEMA 6-20P): Yes
Cutterhead Insert #: 54 x 4-Sided Carbide, 6 Row
Cutterhead RPM: 5500
Cutterhead Diameter: 3-⅛″
Bed Adjustment: Parallelogram
Dimensions Set Up (Approx): 75-½″ x 26-½″
Dimensions Shipping: 76″ x 25″ x 41″
Net/Ship Weight: 380/495 Lbs. (1 Box)
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.