Oliver Machinery 22” Planer with Byrd Shelix Cutterhead - 4455B
- BYRD Shelix carbide inserts are indexed for quick changing.
- Massive cast iron construction throughout.
- Polished built-in table roller assists movement of rough stock.
- Segmented infeed roller and sectional chip breaker easily handle rough stock.
- 2-speed gear box provides the perfect feed rate.
- Magnetic controls with emergency off switch for safer operation.
- Digital readout allows precise thickness settings.
- Hinged access to cutter head and feed rollers for quick set-up.
- Easy access to motor, drive train, and gearbox assist in maintenance and adjustment.
- 5” dust chute easily handles chip removal.
- 3 V-belt drive smoothly transfers power to drive train and cutter head.
- Powerful TEFC motor available in single or three-phase.
|Stock No. (7.5HP, 1Ph, Byrd)||4455.103.B|
|Stock No. (10HP, 3Ph, Byrd)||4455.104.B|
|Maximum Stock Width||22"|
|Maximum Stock Thickness||9"|
|Minimum Stock Thickness||1/8"|
|Minimum Stock Length||10"|
|Dust Port Diameter||5"|
|Minimum CFM Required||900 CFM|
|Infeed Roller Diameter||3"|
|Outfeed Roller Diameter||3-5/16"|
|Feed Speeds||20 and 30 FPM|
|Bed Rollers||2, Adjustable|
|Table Size||23-3/4” x 32-1/4”|
|Cutterhead Speed||5,000 RPM|
|Number of Knives (straight)||4|
|Number of Knives Byrd||110 Inserts|
|Footprint||44”L x 22”W|
|Motor 1Ph||7.5HP, 220V Only (38 Amp)|
|Motor 3Ph||10HP, 240V/440V*, Prewired 220V (26/13 Amp)|
|Overall Dimensions||45”W x 32”D x 50”H|
|Net Weight||1,340 lbs|
|Gross Weight||1,550 lbs.|
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
I bought this for personal use, and whether you bought it for a woodworking business or hobby, its a beast. Set up was super easy, just needs a few things added, created a heavy weight dolly to move around the shop, added a 40 amp supply and was off and runnning. The first thru the machine, were some cutting boards. I was amazed at the quality of the output. I would highly recommend this machine! Oh and make sure you select a speed, the feed rollers are set to zero and material doesn’t go thru untill you selct 20 or 30 fpm.