YardBeast (2.5") 9-HP Wood Chipper - 2510
Powered By A Yamaha MZ300 9.5 HP Engine
- Cyclonic air pre-cleaner
- Shells out maximum torque in the harshest conditions
2-1/2" Chipping Capacity
- Chips down green, dry branches, and even chips palm fronds
- Handles stuff other chippers can't simply process
13" OD x 1/4" One-Blade Rotor
- Lots of momentum for chipping, even at low RPMs
44" Discharge Clearance Height
- Deflector rotates up to a 45 degree angle
- Discharge chopped wood into a pickup bed or a UTV
- Shoot wood chips up to 45 feet away
10 Gauge Steel Frame And Housing
- Wide 14" x 8" side feed chute
- Rugged steel discharge chute
Hilliard Heavy Duty Centrifugal Clutch
- High power transfer belt (either Gates or Thermoid)
10" x 3" Wheels
- Haul it from its handle to wherever the job is
- 4 wheel trailer is easy on the back and arms
Engine Brand: Yamaha
Starting System: Recoil Start
Engine Cycle: 4-Cycle
HP: 9.5 HP
Fuel Tank Size: 1.59 Gallons
Engine Cylinders: 1 Cylinder
Oil Filter: No
Wood Diameter: 2.5 Inches
Feed Type: Gravity
Replaceable Blades: Yes
Discharge Chute Material: Steel
Front Tire Size: 10 Inch
Rear Tire Size: 10 Inch
Tire Type: Pneumatic Wheels
Assembly Required: Yes
Weight: 231 Pounds
Consumer Warranty: 2 Years
Commercial Warranty: 1 Year
Product Length: 55.0 Inches
Product Width: 27.0 Inches
Product Height: 48.0 Inches
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
I decided on the Chipper (as opposed to the Shredder/Chipper) because we do not need to shred leaves, just branches, mostly dead Russian Olive branches.
1.The shipping container was amazing, easy to instantly tell if anything might have damaged the chipper in shipment.
2. Easy to assemble, no problems.
3. Starts on first pull EVERY TIME. even though the centrifugal clutch seems to be engaged which means you are spinning the chipper flywheel when you pull to start, a hard pull but it starts easily(customer service says it will break in soon).
4. The 4 wheels make it very easy to move around.
5. The engine has plenty of power and as I said IT STARTS!
6. Heavy construction, well built to withstand the operation of a chipper. Very pleased with purchase!
We recently purchased 40 acres to put our retirement home on. A winter ice storm left us with a big problem in the form of broken branches quite a large pile of them.
After an afternoon with the yard beast the large pile became a manageable small pile of chips that can be used for a wide variety of uses. This little beast will come in very handy for limbs from any of the jobs in a wooded lot.
It is built of heavier gauge steel than most chippers with similar features. Not advertised as self-feeding it actually does self-feed branches when there are only small side twigs that hang up in the chute. Even branches with many smaller side branches will go thru this chipper with only slight extra pushing.
The high discharge chute makes it easy for the chips to go right into my wheeled garbage can and I can easily pull it around to where the branches are lying since it is built on four wheels like a wagon. The Subaru engine starts on the first pull as long as you remember to turn the gas, choke and switch on I usually forget!
The Beast came in a steel and wood crate. Counting uncrating and assembly it took me about 2 hours. Dont forget to put oil in the engine. It is shipped dry. Oh, and the steel and wood crate when flipped over make a nice work table!
Like the title says, it's a Beast. I mounted it on a small trailer because of the terrain here in North Georgia. Starts easily and chipped up a jack pine with tons of acorns and green needles. I used the metal cage it came in as a sawhorse to mill logs on with another metal crate I had. I mounted a tire changer to the pallet and used wheels for a solar wagon. Great machine and great shipping container.
I was hoping this chipper would make great chips and be powerful and well built. I am not at all disappointed and would not hesitate to recommend this machine. I'm very glad we bought this chipper and feel it is a good value.