This 20”-wide thickness planer can quickly turn rough lumber into boards with smooth faces. Heavy cast iron and steel construction keeps the material steady and supported.
- 5 hp motor turns the cutter head at a whopping 5,000 rpm.
- Straight 4-knife cutter head comes standard.
- Runs on 220-volt single-phase power, so it can work almost anywhere.
- Fully cast iron 20” x 25.75” table with 15” extensions can expand to an impressive 20” x 55.75”.
2 speeds allow you to pick what’s right for your project:
- 20 feet per minute when you need to smooth boards in shorter amount of time.
- 16 feet per minute when you want a more refined finish or you’re working with tougher material.
- 8” maximum and .25” minimum cutting height.
- Maximum ⅛” cut depth.
- Handwheel with a scale on the side of the planer lets you precisely adjust the height in seconds.
- Cast iron frame on the top and bottom stabilizes the machine and helps it last longer.
- Magnetic safety switch automatically turns the machine off in case of a power outage or a problem with the current.
- Anti-kickback fingers grip the material so it’s less likely to shoot back out if the blades get jammed.
- Extra-large 5” dust port prevents clogging. You can easily hook up your dust collection system, so your shop stays clean with breathable air.
- Built-in wheels on the base allow you to move the machine around your shop and store it.
- Covered by a 1-year parts warranty.
- Replacement parts are in stock at our Wisconsin warehouse for fast shipping.
- Lifetime technical support by phone means that you can call our team of experienced woodworkers whenever you have questions or need troubleshooting.
Item Number IP-208
Shipping Weight 920lbs
Table Size (Length) 55-3/4"
Table Size (Width) 20"
Spindle Travel 5000
Maximum Depth of Cut (Resaw) 1/8"
Cutter Head Diameter 3-1/4"
Max Stock Width 20"
Number of Knives 4
Maximum Stock Height 8"
Minimum Stock Thickness 1/4"
Minimum Stock Length 8"
Feed Speed 16/20 FPM
Table Elevation Manual
Power 220V Single Phase
Horse Power 5
Weight (lbs) 880
Shipping Dimensions (Inches) 60x44x55
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.