The PH-28HD-VS power hammer can hit harder and move metal faster than most hammers its size. This USA-made machine lets you shape multiple sheets at once, then planish them out.
- 28” throat with deep cutout designed for fenders.
- Large 14 gauge mild steel capacity.
- Variable speed from 0 to 1,000 beats per minute.
- 3 hp motor runs on 220-volt single-phase power.
- Developed over 20 years of research to find what’s most important to metal shapers.
- Hits up to 75% harder than its predecessor, the MH-19.
- Incorporates Dupont linkage (also used on our massive MH-37HD) to shape heavier gauges of steel.
- Quick-release design lets you get the tooling out of the way to add or remove your panel.
- Switch between 3 fixed stroke settings on the fly: ¼”, ½”, ¾”.
- Adjust the lower ram up or down via a large acme thread, so you won’t need to shim if different tool thicknesses are required.
- Simple, proven mechanism uses easily replaceable, off-the-shelf die springs.
- Floating chain and sprocket setup eliminates the leather strap commonly found on legacy hammers.
- You can add an optional planishing hammer attachment to the side of this power hammer.
- Rigid 1” plate steel frame ensures high-quality, controllable shaping force and won’t buckle under the heavy hits.
- Portable pedestal raises the working height and allows better visibility of the hit mark.
- Covered by a 1-year parts warranty.
- Our team of experienced metal shapers is here to provide lifetime technical support by phone.
Recommended for: Automotive shops that need to shape metal quickly and often work on fenders.
Item Number PH-28HD-VS
Country of Manufacture United States
Motor Hp 3
Speed 0 - 1000 beats / min (Variable)
Mild Steel Capacity 14 ga.
Tooling Height Adjustment 2"
Throat Depth 28"
Working Height 62.5"
Aluminum Capacity 10 ga.
Length Of Stroke Adj 3 Fixed Lengths: 1/4", 1/2", 3/4"
Power 220V / 1-phase
Shipping Weight 2000lbs
*Optional Tooling Some applications may require optional tooling. Please contact a Technical Sales Specialist at Baileigh Industrial with specific application details.
Special Notes *Does Not Include Tooling, Uses Same Tooling as MH-19. Please consult a Baileigh Rep. for proper tooling.
Shipping Dimensions (Inches) 60x50x98
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.