Easy to use. Fast for production. Money saving. This hydraulic shear is all of those things. Weighing over 8,000 lbs., the rigid SH-8008-HD can cut heavy steel sheets all day for many years.
- 80” length.
- 8 gauge mild steel maximum capacity.
- 15 hp motor runs on 220-volt 3-phase power.
- Industrial-grade hydraulic system is located in the front for easy fluid changes.
- Top carriage moves via a bearing system that rides in a machine-ground and hardened track.
- Carriage system allows the shear to function smoothly and dramatically increases blade life.
- Manually adjustable 23.62” backgauge ensures precise repeatability.
- Heavy duty table with roller bars slides material into the machine more easily.
- Side gauges keep the cut at 90° (if you so choose) without you needing to make a guiding line on the material.
- Switch between 3 modes as needed:
- Jog mode: Inching the blade down to the material.
- Single cycle mode: One cut for one pedal push.
- Automatic cycling mode: Continuously cutting for production runs.
- Adjustable rake angle dial makes it easy to fit your material thickness to minimize burr and put less strain on hydraulics.
- Convenient blade gap adjustment lets you eliminate folding and twisting.
- Comes standard with high carbon chromium blades.
- 2-sided upper blades and 4-sided lower blades can be flipped and resharpened as needed, saving money.
- Hydraulic hold-downs clamp the sheet solidly to the table, eliminating material lifting and improving blade life.
- Rigid, fully welded steel plate construction helps prevent flex and gives you many years of accuracy.
- Shadow line creates a reference line on the material so you know exactly where the cut will be.
- Covered by a 1-year parts warranty.
- We stock replacement parts, including blades, in house for fast shipping.
- Includes lifetime technical support by phone from a team of reps with hands-on metalworking experience.
Also available in a 52-long, 8-gauge model and an 80”-long, 10-gauge model.
Item Number SH-8008-HD
Blade Rake Angle .5 to 2.0 degrees
Back Gauge Length 23.62"
Shear Length 80"
Motor 15 hp
Thickness (SS) 8 ga. (12 ga.)
Strokes Per Minute 24 – 36
Front Gauge Length 39.37"
Blade Angle 1/2° – 2° Adjustable
Blade Gap Adjustment Manual, Lever Acuated
Power 220V / 3-phase
Shipping Weight 8360lbs
Minimum Material Thickness 24ga
Shipping Dimensions (Inches) 122x55x67
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.