Oliver Planer Product Description
Features Of The 10044
ALL THE BELLS AND WHISTLES
Finally a BENCH TOP PLANER you don’t need to double in cost to get what you want -- OLIVER includes a BYRD SHELIX cutterhead and WIXEY digital readout and this is only the start!
- Authentic BYRD Shelix cutter head provide smooth cuts
- 4-sided carbide inserts are indexed for quick changing
- Wixey WR510S digital readout for quick accurate set-up
- Powerful 2HP 15Amp 115V motor
- Magnetic switch features overload protection
- 4-post design ensures cutter head alignment to table
- Built-in carriage lock for stability during operation
- Elevation crank includes an easy to read scale
- On-board adjustment wrench storage
- Top thickness gage allows convenient material check
- 4-depth stops allow easy set-up from 3/4" to 5/32"
- Front material removal gauge allows for quicker set-up
- Fold-up extension wings provide added material support
- Built-in carry handles for easy portability
- Blower assists in chip ejection during operation
- Dust port allows 2-1/2" or 4" hose hook up
- CSA listed
|Maximum Stock Width||12-1/2"|
|Maximum Depth of Cut||5/64" & 3/64"|
|Maximum Stock Thickness||6"|
|Minimum Stock Thickness||5/32"|
|Minimum Stock Length||5"|
|Dust Port Diameter||2.5" or 4"|
|Feed Speeds||26 FPM|
|Table Size||12-1/2" x 10-5/16"|
|Table Size w/Extension Wings||12-1/2" x 33-3/16"|
|Number of Knives||36|
|Number of Knives Byrd||36|
|Motor||2HP 15A 115V|
|Motor 1Ph||2HP 15A 115V|
Other products of interest include:
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Three stars may be a bit too much for what I expected from Oliver Machinery. My decision to purchase this planer was partly based on the company's reputation and longevity, along with reviews I read prior to making my decision. As of this review I'm still waiting on inserts to replace the ones that have cracked and come to rest on the bed of the planer. So far I've had to replace two, and that's been in the first two days I owned the planer. The other issue I'm having is snipe on both ends of material I've been able to put through it. I've adjusted both infeed and outfeed tables according to the owner's manual. I've been able to fine tune it, but I can't get it as flat as I would prefer considering what I paid for the unit. This planer replaced a Dewalt 735 planer that the motor went out on. Like the title of this review, I'm disappointed.
Haven’t used much but so far so good.